> Ballantyne's Blog: Sad News

Friday 21 March 2014

Sad News

I'm withdrawing "Going Under" from SIFF, I'm just extremely unhappy with how the film is turning out, despite having made over 20 custom anims and working very hard on it.

I'm so frustrated right now, it's hard to put into words.

Sorry to Simatography, and anyone else looking forward to it.

And sorry to ShakespearesSunshyne, you have been so lovely and supportive of my machinima projects in the comments (I have really appreciated it) so, I feel bad for letting you down too.

I'm going to eat some chocolate now, and binge-watch Game of Thrones or Hannibal or something. Anything that gets my mind off smashing up my Sims 3 CDs.


(P.S. I'm not abandoning the project completely, I still think there are some good custom animations in it, and the basic story is interesting. But I just can't deal with it right now). 







2 comments:

  1. AW, no! *hugs though. Will you be able to complete it for the fall SIFF? Or is there not enough for you to use?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sunny :) I just don't know at this stage.
      I think I might shelve it for a few weeks, then I can come back and look at it again with fresher eyes.

      Fall SIFF is going to be "the BIG one" (aka, the 10th anniversary of the festival) so if I were to enter, I would want to be happy with it.

      Delete