> Ballantyne's Blog: SIFF Spring 2014 - My Faves

Sunday 23 March 2014

SIFF Spring 2014 - My Faves

So, as part of my "watching-things" binge, I've finally gotten around to watching all of the SIFF entries this weekend (all 7 hours worth - wow!)

Anyway, I thought I'd post a few of my own personal favourites. Note, this is just my personal opinion. Of course, there were a number of good films that I liked, but these few stood out in particular for me.


My top 3 SIFF Favourites, in no particular order:


"The Merman" by WhiteBlueCherry
Although this film is quite long (at 43mins) I found this to be a very sweet & enjoyable film, and it kept my interest the whole time. The storytelling and voice-acting was very well done :)




"Arsenic Show" by Willoshanna Will
I'll admit, I am already a big fan of this guy and I've been subscribed to him for a while.  He has a very unique and highly creative visual style, and this video does not disappoint. "Arsenic Show" is offbeat, highly stylish, and very cool :D
Content warning: this vid has some brief nudity, so may be semi-NSFW




"I'll Forget You Not" by Sylentwhisper
Even though the story was a little unclear (until I read the description), I loved how this was put together, the sims, sets, music & cinematography were lovely and it all just flowed together really nicely :)



Overall, very impressed and inspired by everyone's creativity this round, I think the next round (SIFF10) is going to be crazy-good.

No comments:

Post a Comment