> Ballantyne's Blog: E3 2014 thoughts

Tuesday 10 June 2014

E3 2014 thoughts

Just caught up on some of the E3 videos. Thought I'd post my thoughts:

Sims 4 Press Conference.


This pretty much sums up how I felt throughout the whole video:


I was just very underwhelmed, as expected. Sims 4 just doesn't excite me much. EA isn't bringing anything new or innovative, they're just bringing us a marginally updated Sims 3. 

I was rolling my eyes at EA's "For the first time" and "Like you've never seen" rubbish. Because it was a pack of lies. We've already had "emotions" and "unique personalities" for our Sims with The Sims 3,  I mean, c'mon EA! 


Sure, I'll eventually get TS4 (because I'm a sucker for The Sims). But not on launch day.  Uh-uh. You had your chance to secure my pre-order, EA, but you failed. 


Sony Press Conference
Overall Gif reaction:

Ok, I admit, I am a massive PlayStation fangirl. And for the most part, this conference was awesome. Not all the games interested me though. Destiny seems "meh" to me, as does "Far Cry 4". I'm just not into those sorts of games :/

However, a few games stood out to me in particular, and are likely buys:

The Order: 1886. Looks badass :D
Batman Arkham Knight Looks freaking epic sauce :D :D

Uncharted 4: A Thief's End

OH MY GOD.

THOSE GRAPHICS. 

HOW IS THIS POSSIBLE. 

WHAT IS MY LIFE.

HIGH-DEFINITION NATHAN DRAKE IS GLORIOUS. 






Bravo Naughty Dog, you've secured my pre-order. And my first-born child. Well done. 









3 comments:

  1. Lol. I'm super sad that EA has my money for my preorder after all the recent announcements. No CASt? No more 100% open neighborhoods? Yeah. I nearly cried. EA made themselves look like kindergarteners at the adult table at Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh nooo :'(

      Tell me about it, the no CASt thing is major. CASt was one of the greatest features in TS3, it just makes no sense why they're leaving it out.

      Yeah, they absolutely under-performed. TS4 just utterly lacks passion & vision. Just… ughhh.

      If EA had any sense they would take a trip around to Will Wright's house and throw themselves at his feet and grovel and beg for him to return. Because Sims 2 was near-perfect when he was behind it - his passion for the game really shone through.

      Anyway… *sigh* I could go on, but I'll stop venting now, lol XD

      Delete
  2. http://tutorialsforgemmabysunny.blogspot.com/2014/03/orangemittens-choose-outfit-you-want-to.html

    I'd done this awhile back, but I'm leery of posting it to the cliptools blog. Anyway, this is pictures to go with the "Change the outfit on your rig" tutorial. I have no idea why those pictures haven't been replaced considering this, and the set morphs function, are the two most valuable resources for creating non clipping poses for specific sims. It's a shame.

    ReplyDelete